By Paul DeMerritt, Ivan Allen College Communications
Numerous faculty and staff from the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts have been recognized by the Georgia Institute of Technology’s Institute Diversity as Faces of Inclusive Excellence in 2019. These faculty and staff include:
- Lucero Aradillas — academic program manager in the School of Modern Languages
- Stéphanie Boulard — associate professor of French in the School of Modern Languages
- Mayumi Cole — administrative professional in the Georgia Tech Army ROTC
- Shatakshee Dhongde — associate professor in the School of Economics
- Karen Head — associate chair and associate professor in the School of Literature, Media, and Communication, executive director of the Naugle Communication Center
- Kaye Husbands Fealing — chair of the School of Public Policy
- Mary McDonald — Homer C. Rice Chair of Sports and Society and professor in the School of History and Sociology.
Institute Diversity created Faces of Inclusive Excellence to recognize campus community members who have distinguished themselves in their research, teaching, and/or service by receiving special awards or recognition during the past academic year. The theme of this year’s 11th Annual Diversity Symposium is “Georgia Tech’s Racial Diversity Journey: Recognizing Our Past, Acknowledging Our Present, and Charting Our Future,” which will explore the racial history and progress of the Georgia Tech community.
The seven Ivan Allen College faculty and staff were included for not only achieving excellence in their fields, but for helping to make Georgia Tech a more inclusive and welcoming campus.
A video featuring interviews with faculty and staff from around campus who have been honored as 2019 Faces of Inclusive Excellence can be found here. The video includes an interview with Aradillas, which starts at the 1:24 mark.
The Schools of Public Policy; Literature, Media, and Communication; Modern Languages; Economics; and Army ROTC are units of Georgia Tech's Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.