- Digital Media
- Literary and Cultural Studies
- Media Studies
- Ph.D. in Journalism, The University of Texas at Austin, 2012.
- M.A. Journalism and Latin American Studies, The University of Texas at Austin, 2007.
- B.A. Liberal Arts and Humanities, Major in Literature and Linguistics. Pontifical Catholic University of Peru, 2002.
Dr. Paul Alonso, an Associate Professor in the School of Modern Languages at the Georgia Tech, holds a Ph.D. in Journalism from the University of Texas at Austin. His book “Satiric TV in the Americas” (Oxford University Press, 2018) is a pioneer study on the convergence of journalism, entertainment, satire, politics and popular culture in Latin America. Alonso’s research has also appeared in journals such as the Bulletin of Latin American Research, The Journal of Popular Culture, The Journal of Iberian and Latin American Studies, and included in edited collections. A Peruvian journalist and author, he has published in some of the most prestigious newspapers in Spanish (such as El País and El Nuevo Herald), and in diverse international magazines. He is the author of three books of fiction and has hosted a weekly interview show in Peru. Before joining Georgia Tech, Alonso was also a staff member of the Knight Center for Journalism in the Americas. He is currently the director of Polivision, a bilingual and multimedia outlet based in Atlanta that covers Latin(o) American and Global Cultures.
- Latin America and Caribbean