Undergraduate Academic Advising
How Can an Academic Advisor Help You?
In the Ivan Allen College, we believe academic advising is an integral part of the educational process. Our advisors are a powerful mechanism for helping you achieve your full potential! Regular meetings with an advisor are strongly recommended for all students. Academic advising is available throughout the year, but there are some instances where academic advising is mandatory to ensure your successful progress.
Academic advising is required in the following cases:
- First semester Freshman year
- First semester Transfer student
- Freshman receiving a mid-term “U”
- Undeclared Major student
- On Academic Probation or Review
- Graduating Senior (until degree petition is completed)
Advisors by School
|School of Economics||School of History and Sociology|
|The Sam Nunn School of International Affairs||School of Literature, Media, and Communication|
|School of Modern Languages||School of Public Policy|
|Pre-professional Program Advisors|
Scheduling an Appointment is Easy!
Most advisors can be scheduled through the.
- Bring an updated copy of your curriculum checklist
- Have a list of questions ready
- If you are meeting to discuss course selection, review the available classes on OSCAR
Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts Dean's Office
Carol Senf, Ph.D.
Director of Undergraduate Studies
Office: Skiles 335b
Academic Advisor for CM majors and students interested in the B.S./M.S. in Digital Media
Office: College of Computing Building 108
Academic Advisor for LMC Majors
Office: Skiles 330